I am not the biggest fan of winter, I much prefer summer! So in order to cheer myself up I have decided to compile a list of all the things I do like about winter.
- Boots! I love boots. All kinds of boots but especially my brown leather riding style boots from Woolies. I would love winter even more though if I had a pair of Hunters. Ahhhh, my dream boot.
- Scarves. I like scarves, especially longer ones, I have this misguided belief that they make me look thinner as they go over my tummy.
- Less mozzies. I would have said No Mozzies but there was one in my bedroom on Wednesday night (why????? – it is winter dammit go away).
- Soup! Although this is good and bad because I eat LOTS of it! But then it is winter so my scarf covers it….
- Chilling on the couch with no guilt. Ok, I do still feel guilty if I just chill on the couch but less so.
- Winter PJ’s….
- Layers of clothing – yes I’m odd like that, I like layers. Lots of layers so that I almost feel too hot.
- Thick duvets and winter sheets. I love snuggling into my nice warm bed when it is cold out.
- Warm winters days. They are like an unexpected bonus. In summer you expect warm sunny days. When they happen in winter they are special.
- Winter mornings, when it is still quite chilling but the sun is up and you are out on your bicycle or running. Those mornings are the best!
- That after winter comes spring… which is followed by SUMMER! Yay.
So what are your favourite things about winter?
PS: In less than a month the days start to get longer again… yes I am counting down the 21 June.