I found this on Jess Giggles and as I have hit a bit of writers block today I thought this might be fun.
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
The water bill on a house that I rent out.
I feel it should be the tenant’s responsibility to pay it. Every month when I pay that bill it really grates! Especially as we have water restrictions and they have done nothing to lower their consumption. I am very water conscious at home and here I have to pay for people that don’t seem to care. I moved to a different rental agency about 3 years ago and they always include it in the rent so that there are no “fights” to try and get the water municipality’s payment. Makes sense but still grates!!!
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Fushin Sushi on Thursday night (see post below)
3. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Counting my lotto winnings……
4. How many schools did you attend?
3 in total. 2 primary and 1 senior.
5. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It has long sleeves and I was cold. I should have put a jacket on too though.
6. What are your thoughts on petrol prices?
Surely with the strong Rand they should be lower?
7. First thought when you woke up this morning?
I am going to kill that cat!
8. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
If those cats wake the baby again tomorrow morning I am going to kill them! (Anybody want two cats – house trained and make really good alarm clocks)
Going cheap - already gift wrapped...
9. Do you miss being a child?
Not at all!!!
10. What errand/chore do you despise?
I would despise ironing if I did it, but I don’t. Why? Well because I told Mr OL before we got engaged that I NEVER EVER, EVER iron and if he wants anything ironed he either needs to do it himself or get a domestic worker. Guess what happened?
11. Get up early or sleep in?
Get up early
12. Have you found real love yet?
13. Favorite lunch meat?
I don’t like lunch meat.
14. What do you get most times you go into a grocery store?
15. Beach or lake?
I have to say beach because I LOVE the sea, but I am not a fan of sand.
16. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Yes. I have a lot of friends that feel their husbands gave up trying as soon as they got married.
17. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
I have never watched Sopranos so I guess it is Desperate Housewives
18. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
I have a schoolgirl crush on Zac Efron – although I don’t think dinner is what I would be thinking about. And yes, I do realise he is 15 years younger than me…..
Photo from HERE
19. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
Yes, although it was not my fault, some #$%$^$@$#%#@% arse crashed head-on into my brand new car. We were lucky to be alive!
20. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
Yes, see above.
21. Ring tone?
Normal telephone ringing? Not sure what it is called.
22. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
Well, my teeth are always in my mouth and I don’t really consider that to be strange……
23. Somewhere in South Africa you’ve never been and would like to go?
Photo from HERE
24. Do you go to church?
25. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
Career – I am happily married.
26. How old are you?
15 years older than Zac Efron…
27. Do you have a go-to person?
Yes, 2. My sister and my mom.
28. Are you where you want to be in life?
No, but I am happy.
29. Growing up, what were your favourite cartoons?
I did not really have any. We did not watch TV much when we were growing up. But I had a Noddy doll that I loved.
30. What about you do you think has changed the most?
I used to be a drunken party animal – and now I am a sensible, sporty, if somewhat boring mom.
Ironman Finish 2009
31. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?
Nope, I would rate them my worst.
32. Are there times you still feel like a kid?
Yes, I get pretty excited about stuff and start to jump up and down.
33. Do you have a pager?
Nope, never have.
34. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?
At one of my friend’s parent’s houses.
35. Were you the type of kid you would want your children to hang out with?
36. Who do you think impacted your life the most?
I would say my parents.
37. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you?
The headmaster of our school, Mr Bernard Simpson and the art teacher Mrs Carol Vogel. I remember them both very fondly.
38. Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age”?
39. What was the first new car you purchased?
Out the box new car – a Renault Clio – which was written off after 4 months (see above). Thankfully the insurance company replaced it. My very first car was a Ford Escort that I bought from my parents. I had that for about 9 years until it fell apart from the rust.
40. What is the scariest thing that has happened to you as an adult?
I became a parent
19 Feb 2010
41. What advice would you give to someone about to get married?
Ok, do but don’t expect it always to be easy. Or that there won’t be days when you want to throttle the other person. Talk about it and move on.
42. What’s your favourite room in your home and why?
I don’t really have one favourite room. It depends on the time of the day. Sometimes the sun is in the lounge in the late afternoon and it is nice to sit there and warm up. Other times it might be the kitchen, or lately in my baby’s nursery while I give her, her last feed of the day before she goes to bed. She is quiet and just lies looking up at me, sometimes falling asleep in my arms. I love that.
Baby OL's Nursery
43. What advice would you give someone starting their first job?
Don’t do what I did.
44. If you could go back and change one thing you did, what would it be?
I suppose I would have to say nothing, because everything I have done has led to this place.
45. If you could go back and change one thing someone else did, what would it be?
I would change my parents’ rule of “children should be seen and not heard”. They were VERY strict about it and I was never given the opportunity to speak to adults. For a very long time I battled speaking to people older than me, even if only by a few year. I really battled at work because I was so intimidated and lacked the confidence to voice my opinions.
Filed under: Baby OL, Cats, Family, Ordinarylife, Pets, Port Elizabeth | Tagged: Babies, Cats, Family, Ironman, Ironman South Africa, Life, Ordinarylife | 3 Comments »