This morning our neighbour’s car was parked in my work parking lot. The mother-in-law who lives with them was sitting in the car so I went over to say hello. 15 Minutes later (late for work) I was freaked out!!! That woman knows everything about us.
A few things that came up in the conversation.
- Our maid was there on a day that she is not normally this week…….. Have we got her to start coming more often?
- Why were our lights not on the other night? She knows I go out that night, but normally our lights are on. Did I go somewhere different……
- She noticed that we had people over on the weekend, were they Mr OL’s parents from East London? She thought they must be as they stayed over – just the one night though. And they left quite early…
- I am not exercising as much as I used, but I am still gardening. She loves seeing me work in the garden. I do it quite often….
- Mr OL and I have been married for 2 years this August – 2 years is the perfect time to have been married and then to start a family……. (crap she even knows the month!!!!)
- When is my little boy due – ok that just freaked me right out because not even I know if I am having a boy or not……
There was some other stuff as well but I was freaking out a bit and I was late for work so stopped paying attention.
Oh yes, a whole lot of stuff about our cats. Miss Molly and the other one….. and the fact that when Mr OL comes home from work he picks Miss Molly up and she will stay with him for a little while but then starts to want to get down.
Talk about Neighbourhood! Who needs a private security firm….. It is actually good though. When our pipes were stolen she was the one that phoned the police and us to let us know (how she knew were we worked still baffles us – although with the above evidence it should maybe not).