Today I am taking the easy way out. I saw this on Jeanette’s blog and thought it a good idea.
Here is a list of 50 things you should be able to do. It is not comprehensive but – just for fun.
I have highlighted the ones that I can do in bold.
1. Build a Fire
2. Operate a Computer
3. Use Google Effectively
4. Perform CPR and the Heimlich maneuver
5. Drive a Manual Transmission Vehicle
6. Do Basic Cooking
7. Tell a Story that Captivates People’s Attention
8. Win or Avoid a Fistfight – I would like to think I could avoid one, seeing as I have never actually been in one.
9. Deliver Bad News. This I suck at.
10. Change a Tyre
11. Handle a Job Interview (Iooks like I might be needing these skills sooner rather than later – SUCKS!!!!!)
12. Manage Time
13. Speed Read
14. Remember Names. Uhmmmm, this I also suck at!
15. Relocate Living Spaces
16. Travel Light
17. Handle the Police – I suppose I can, I have only ever had one dealing with them and that ended pretty well. They let us off with a warning and then stayed for a cup of tea…..(it was in England, tea is always served)
18. Give Driving Directions
19. Perform Basic First Aid
20. Swim – I learned to do this when I was 9 months old when crawled out of my depth in a baby pool I have been a water baby ever since.
21. Parallel Park
22. Recognize Personal Alcohol Limits – uhhhh, this I have a slight problem with. I seem to be an all or nothing girl. Luckily in the past couple of years it has been more nothing than all.
23. Select Good Produce
24. Handle a Hammer, Axe or Handsaw
25. Make a Simple Budget
26. Speak at Least Two Common Languages
27. Do Push-Ups and Sit-Ups Properly – in theory I know how they should be done. In reality I just can’t do them!
28. Give a Compliment
30. Listen Carefully to Others
31. Recite Basic Geography
32. Paint a Room
33. Make a Short, Informative Public Speech – I HATE talking in public unless it is spontaneous. If I actually have to prepare and think about it I get nervous. 34. 34. Smile for the Camera
35. Flirt without Looking Ridiculous – I am a bit out of practice and even when I did flirt regularly it was usually alcohol fuelled so I probably did look ridiculous….
36. Take Useful Notes
37. Be a Respectful House Guest
38. Make a Good First Impression
39. Navigate with a Map and Compass
40. Sew a Button onto Clothing
41. Hook up a Basic Home Theater System
43. Protect Personal Identity Information
44. Implement Basic Computer Security Best Practices
45. Detect a Lie
46. End a Date Politely Without Making Promises
47. Remove a Stain
48. Keep a Clean House
49. Hold a Baby (going to have to learn pretty rapidly)
50. Jump Start a Car
40 out of 50…… I thought it might be a bit better than that as I like to think I am rather practical.