I got this bright idea into my head to make a play-mat for the Baby OL. We have tiled floors and I thought a padded play-mat might be quite practical. Why the heck I did not just go and buy one is quite beyond me, instead I decided I would make one.
Not only would I make one I would do it in a quilting type of style. What the hell was I thinking? I spent most of Saturday in the material shop and then ALL of yesterday sewing. And I am still not finished!!!!
I am sure it gets easier once you know what you are actually doing, and have a plan and measure things before you cut them and have at least tried this on a smaller scale before you decide that 1.5meters by 1.5 meters is a good size but still.
That said the top is about 90% done and if I do say so myself is coming along FANTASTICALLY, as soon as it is finished I will post a picture. I still need to figure out how to put the whole thing together…. If I ever get it into my head to try something like this again, please talk me out of it.
The duvet cover and cot bumper don’t count; that is just plain straight sewing (I hope). I start on them next weekend – I figured they should be easy compared to this….