There are a few things that I miss since I have had a baby. And they are not the things I expected… I do not miss nights out or parties, I did not do that much anyway. I am missing the hectic training I was doing but not as much as I thought. I also miss going out to restaurants and just sitting down for a good meal, but I know that will come shortly.
So what am I missing? Well, oddly enough I miss working in my garden! I miss pottering around, planting seedlings, and just doing stuff! I also miss cooking – just for fun. Not puréed baby food. Normally I would get home from work and cook dinner – not all the time as Mr OL and I would take turns. But I enjoyed it. Now Mr OL does all the cooking while I bath and put Baby OL to bed.
So when exactly did I get this old?
Truthfully though I think it is more the creative aspect that I miss. I like designing my garden, I like concocting new dishes. The only creative outlet I have at the moment is sewing Whachumacallits, and although each one is unique and hand drawn I miss variety. I am very excited about the market on the 29th but will be quite pleased when it over. Then I might have more time to do other stuff.
I suppose that Mr OL might be right, he says that I do too much. But I guess I like it that way. I like to be doing stuff – and different stuff.
Here is list of things that I want to do but just don’t have the time at the moment.
- Sew Baby OL some summer dresses – I am in front of my sewing machine a lot at the moment but it is all for the market.
- Plant some veggies and herbs – and have the time to look after them.
- Learn to bake. We have recently bought a Kenwood Major, but I have not even used. I can’t wait to give it a test run and make something.
- Make Mr OL a nice romantic meal and sit and eat it at the dining room table, possibly with a bottle of wine (actually maybe scrap the wine – last time I had any 17 months ago Baby OL was the outcome)
- Spend an evening just sitting, relaxing!
- Finish one of the four unfinished books next to my bed. Normally I finish a book within a couple of nights but at the moment it taking me forever. I will read a couple of pages each night before I go to sleep, but at the moment it is never more than a couple of pages. The one I am currently reading is “The Great Run” by Braam Malherbe. It is about his run along the entire distance of the Great Wall of China. So far so good, but I have only read about his first day…
- Read up on and practice using my camera properly. I am sure it has functions that I just don’t know how to use.
So if you had more time what would you like to do