Phew, I am not sure what there is that you don’t already know about me.
- Like Hayley who gave me this award (Thank you) I love South Africa. I have lived in 6 different countries and visited quite a few more and still think this one is best! I am not oblivious to its faults and I not always confident that it is heading in the right direction but I love it anyway. I love the colour, the vibrancy and the noise. I love the mountains and the beaches and the open space of the Karroo. I love the faces, the smiles and the friendly greetings. I love living here!
- I get bored easily and it is a major problem! I never stick to one thing, I have no idea what it is that I want to do with my life and by now (38) I really should have some sort of vague clue. That saying “Jack or all trades but master of none” is very true for me. I can do a lot of things reasonably well but have not mastered any one thing. Hmmm…..
- I am surprised by how much I am enjoying Baby OL. I always thought that I would not enjoy the “baby” stage but I love it! It does help that she is a total little angel and has only woken once in the middle of the night in the past 4 months. (Please don’t hate me). She goes to bed at 7 and wakes up around 6 or 7 the following morning.
- Different cultures and traditions fascinate me.
- I never thought I would get married. I did not picture it in my future at all. I never dreamt about meeting that one or spending my life with one person. I used to fear all forms of commitment and would not even sign a permanent job contract. I worked as a temp for many years and only had my first permanent job when I was 28. The job I have now has been my longest @ 3.5 years. I would not even sign a lease agreement before. Now I own property, am married and have a baby… I used to think the Dido song “Life for Rent” pretty much summed up how I lived. I worry it still does to a degree…
- I have NEVER been on a diet. If I think that I should maybe on one then I instantly start eating like a horse. If I feel that I need to lose weight I start to do more exercise. Usually that helps because I feel healthier and it has a knock on effect, the better I feel the healthier I eat and so on.
- When I was 12 I was told by the art teacher at my primary school that I had no artistic talent and art was not a subject that I should take in high school. Thankfully art was actually a compulsory subject for the first two years while I was at high school and the teacher there was FANTASTIC!!!! She was encouraging and I was even made Art Monitor. I did however carry the belief that I could not paint and so did not do art as an elective subject when the opportunity arose. I did thankfully keep drawing and still do. I even started art classes in 2000 and LOVED it. Talent or not I now love painting and drawing and have actually sold quite a few of my art works. It is something I am very proud off. I am amazed that somebody that is supposed to nurture talent could destroy a child’s confidence like that. I was even more upset because she said it when I was showing her a picture I was extremely proud of and still remember what it was off. I now wish I had kept it, but I was so upset I scrunched it up and threw it in the bin.
So, that is pretty much me.
I have not tagged anybody, so if you feel like doing it please go ahead, just let me know in the comments so I can come and read what you have written (I am curious like that…) (is that No.8?)