What can I say, I am not that good at acceptance speeches….. I did however win an award, thanks very much to Cat at Juggling Act of Life. She gave me a “Thanks for Writing” blog award.
The rules are that I have to tell you 7 things you don’t already know about me. Pretty hard seeing as I have been bloggging for over 5 years. So I guess you pretty much already know everything or you don’t because it is something I am not willing to share…. But here goes:
7 things you might not know about me….
- I am scared of heights…. Just going into the bathroom at work freaks me out as the door opens above the stairwell. I have to look the other way. And yes, I do hike, do trail running and have climbed Kilimanjaro. I try to “grin and bare it” and just keep moving until I have passed over the scary section. I am generally fine as long as nobody tries to help me. Just stand back and let me get through on my own.
- I never thought I would get married; I did not see it in my future. If I thought of how my life would map out there was never a significant other. I was very vocal about this and if somebody started suggesting marriage in a relationship I left, however 3 weeks after meeting Mr OL we told our families we were getting married. Mine was in total shock – his asked “to who?” Next week will be our 5 year anniversary.
- The 2.5kids, house in the suburbs, dog in the backyard thing freaks me out. I have at total fear of being “ordinary” and yet, if you meet me that is exactly what I am. I have 1 kid, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and house in the suburbs, a husband and the same job for the past 5 years! When I started this blog the title was a bit of a personal joke – which kind of backfired.
- For the first 12 years after finishing school I would only accept temporary jobs, anything too permanent would send me running – usually to a different country. (Yip, commitment phobic!!)
- My parents are Scottish
- One of my main goals is to own at least 10 income generating properties by the time I retire. I still have quite a way to go.
Then I need to nominate 5 – 10 bloggers that I admire. This part is quite hard too… Most of the blogs I read have already been nominated. If you have already, sorry. This is in no particular order
Hayley – Everything in between. Amazing photos that really capture her life, and I love the way she writes about her family and her love for her husband.
Lynette – A work in Progress. Such an amazing and inspiring woman. I have had the pleasure of meeting her and seeing the work her and her husband do. I was even more blown away.
Jenty – The real Jenty. I don’t know how she manages what she does. Take the most amazing photos, raise two boys, hold down a full time job and do the reviews and things on various websites. Very impressive.
Bronwynne – Keeping up with the Walkers – just because…. She just carries on with it, no moaning, no complaining (much) and she is a fellow runner.
Cupcake Mummy. A single mom who is not scared to say how she feels on her blog. I admire her openess and courage.
Mel – Lipgloss Ninja. Also a trail runner. We are similar in ages (yikes) and I would like to think that if we lived closer we would be friends.
There are so many more blogs that I read and love, but for now that is it. I have run out of time.
Here’s what you need to do if I have nominated you:
1. Include the award logo in your post or on your blog
2. Say 7 random things about yourself that the readers don’t know yet
3. Nominate 5 – 10 other blogs you usually follow
4. Let the nominees know that they are nominated & include their blog-links
5. Link the person who nominated you