Day 27 – Today I am VERY grateful that Home Affairs has moved. The new building is so much better and you don’t get harassed as you enter. They have secure parking – and the queues even moved pretty quickly. I finally changed my ID and Passport into my married name. It was not as traumatic as I was expecting.
Day 28 – I am grateful for the help and support I am getting to make changes in my life. Hopefully this has a long term positive effect on life in general as well as my marriage. I suppose I should really be grateful besides my friends and family who listen to me that I can afford to hire somebody that is helping me do this.
Day 29 – Today I am in a totally soppy mood and just feel like writing a whole list of things I am grateful for. There is not one specific thing that stands out more than the others.
- For my friend and training partner that also does not take this whole Ironman thing too seriously. But takes it seriously enough to drive to my place at 5 am. We went for a run this morning, but after 2 km’s decided to walk instead. Such a beautiful morning, we just kept walking and talking. In the end we probably walked about 5 km.
- To Mr OL, just because. (what can I say – I am feeling soppy)
- To my neighbours – for having 5 daughters, and that the oldest 3 are able to baby sit. Very useful.
- I am grateful for one of my work colleagues – who is much more of a friend that a colleague.
- I am grateful that we have made a decision on Little OL’s school and after parent night last night we are even happier with that decision.
- I am grateful that nobody laughed out loud last night at the restaurant that Mr OL decided to have dinner at after parent night. We forgot that we had on very large name tags Little OL’s name on them. Yike – blind.
- I am grateful that sometimes Mr OL totally ignores my opinion and does what he wants. Like replace the floors in our house. They are gorgeous – and I fought him tooth and nail. Yes, you were right – sorry. Now all I need to do is paint the walls and buy new curtains. Happy girl.
- I am grateful to my 2 year old for being so totally absolutely adorable!!!
Ok, I could actually go on – as I said I am in a totally soppy mood right now. I guess what I am trying to say is I am in a happy place right now.