My poor blog – so neglected…..
I start a post in my mind and then stop. Too much information, too boring, said already or whatever the reason the thought gets ditched.
So, I am writing this one, one not thought out ahead of time. I have nothing much to say but so what…. Here is a basic update of what is happening in my Ordinary Life.
- I am still doing the Art Techniques course through Coursera.org and loving it. I don’t feel that I always have enough time to do the art project but you only are required to do 2 to pass and I have already done two, so am not too concerned if I miss a week here or there. I am just completing all the theory quizzes and that will be enough. Here is a picture I drew (the London taxi) for one of the assignments, the topic was “Mail Art”
- I am driving Mr OL batty with thoughts of trying to start (another) business. I constantly have ideas in my head but generally they don’t get much further than the planning stages
- I bought another property – think I already mentioned this – and have since found out that the tenants that I was led to believe were “good” have not paid rent in 5 months. I am hoping that the current owner gets rid of them before I take over. I am sure that it is a breach of contract or something if he said that they were paying when I signed for it but they were not??? Any ideas?
- My foot is …. I am actually not sure. All I do know is that I still can’t run. I am going to take 6 weeks off and then hope for the best. We do know that there is no muscle damage, no tendonitis, no ligament damage and nothing else that can be seen in x-rays or an ultra-sound. These however do not rule out a stress fracture. In the meantime I am going to go for Gait Analysis because something I am doing has caused this. I am also going for massages (yay) and to the chiropractor who is doing dry needling as my muscles in my legs are in knots. I am hoping that this all makes me stronger. I am also trying to stretch in. I really need to get in the pool and on my bicycle…..
- I am having a serious case of “mommy guilt” at the moment. Next weekend I was due to go to the Knysna Oyster Festival to run the HoutKapper Trail… Mr and Little OL were going to stay behind in PE. Now obviously the running is out – however I have already sorted out my accommodation….. So……. A weekend away sans husband and kiddy???? I am going to go but why do I feel so guilty about going away by myself for the weekend? My mom, brother, sister and a multitude of my friends are all going, Mr OL does not want to go….urgh! Would you feel guilty?
Wow, for a post that I did not think about I sure had a lot to write.
Oh, yes – MR OL surprised me with an Asus Transformer – well, he actually surprised me by asking if I would like an iPad Mini – I said no. After he got over the initial shock I explained why. So he helped me get the Transformer instead. I LOVE IT!